Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Merry & Bright

I just love that saying...Merry & Bright.  Kinda hard not to smile when you say Merry & Bright.  I've been baking cookies this morning, listening to Christmas music and looking at my sparkling tree...all of it's making me feel merry and bright.  So, let me share with you a gift tag I made to swap with my Let's Get Fancy teammates at our annual Christmas Party last Friday.



I used paper from the retired Jingle set with Creme Brulee and Juniper card stock.  Generally, I like my Christmas colors in traditional cranberry and green but these colors jumped out at me.  I used my Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge to cut the circles and the scalloped circles.  I used my paper piercer to pierce little holes in the scalloped parts.  Then I put a little Liquid Glass on the light bulb.  Liquid Glass tends to make reds a little orangey, not sure why since it doesn't do it to other colors.  But, I think it blended nicely with the Creme Brulee.  I added three brads, put some Silver Glitz Glitter Gel on them and then a little Liquid Glass atop that to make them stick.  The new Glitz sticks great to paper, but being a glue, it can slide off metals when dry.  Finally, I added a little ribbon and voila, a simple but Merry & Bright gift tag!

Check back on Thursday to see tags made by my fancy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment