Tuesday, August 14, 2012

2012 National Stamping Month Blog Hop

Welcome to the 2012 National Stamping Month Blog Hop!  I'm so glad you stopped over from Allisa Chilton's blog, Rocky Mountain Paper Crafts.

I'm loving this adorable double stamp set CTMH is giving you for only $5 with your $35 order, now through September 30th.  With a retail value of $35.90, It's Your Day really increases the value of your qualifying purchase.  You'll love the trendy images and musings, and will love even more that many of the 48 images work with your Cricut Artiste cartridge!

It's Your Day
Here's what I came up with using It's Your Day:


First, I stamped that awesome chevron stripe with Ruby to create a background paper on Cashmere:

It was late and I was tired, so it's not perfect, but neither am I.  I like that it's a little wonky in some places.  Here's the finished piece of cardstock:
Then, I fed the now patterned cardstock into my Cricut, loaded up Artiste, and cut out the little box using 3D Object  at 3".

I also cut out the little tab with Accent 1 <7> at 2 1/2".  I created another patterned paper with the tab using the dots image and Outdoor Denim ink.  I used Smokey Plum, Ruby and Outdoor Denim for the sentiments.  A little Burlap Ribbon (Z1760) and a Foundry Pin completed my box.  Hello Life!

Now, head on over to Gina Brandstetter's blog, Gina's Little Corner of Stmapin Heaven to see what cute creations she's come up with.

14 comments:

  1. Super cute, great job on making the chevron paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper is AWESOME! Great color choice. I also like the little tag that sticks out the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very courageous to create your own background paper like that. Cute little box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE! Love your project and the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your box and you did a great job making the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! what patience to stamp ALL those stripes! And to me - it looks perfect!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little box is SUPER cute! Love the little tag/card inserted to have it be a bit 'more'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once you cut it who can see the wonk? Nice job - Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool chevron background! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to attempt stamping an entire sheet. Cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lot of work that was worth the effort! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, totally cool idea! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and great idea making the paper!

    ReplyDelete