Thursday, January 31, 2013

February SOTM Blog Hop - Home Sweet Home

Welcome to the first blog hop of CTMH's Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book!  I can't wait to show you all of the new artwork I've been working on with these gorgeous papers, stamps and embellies.  Don't have an Idea Book yet?  Leave me a comment below and I'll be happy to send you one, just for the cost of shipping.

Thanks for visiting from my dear friend, Scrapi Traci's blog.  She always comes up with the cutest artwork; I can't tell you how many things I've "scraplifted" from her!

Home Sweet Home is the featured Stamp of the Month for February.  It's a set of four stamps that stamp so clear and crisp, you'll just love them.


I've been doing a lot of thinking of this concept of home, and really got to thinking about how grateful I am to call the good 'ole USA my home.  I decided to take an "old" layout...a Studio J layout (more on that below) and add the "Home Sweet Home" sentiment to my layout.  What do you think?



I've been looking for an excuse to cover an "oopsie" on this Studio J layout.  I had added a button, then removed it, but forgot to remove the stitching on it!  So, I layered some Outdoor Denim, Cranberry and Champagne Cardstock and stamped Home Sweet Home in Outdoor Denim.  Then, I used my Piercing Tool Kit and my CTMH Ruler with guide holes for perfect stitching to add a little Natural Hemp to the paper.  I feel like it tied it in so nicely with the stitches in my Studio J layout.  

Speaking of Studio J...did you know that layouts are just $5 this month!?  What a steal!  Head over here to try Studio J out for yourself for free.  If you need a little direction, leave me a comment below and I'll send you a two-page tutorial to get you started on Studio J today!

Thanks to all of our brave men and women who dedicate their blood, sweat and tears to protect my family's freedom.  You are the reason I can call the USA my Home Sweet Home!

Now, it's time to hop on over to Kami Welter's blog to see how she's used this great stamp set!

12 comments:

  1. What a great layout! And a perfect way to cover an oopsie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Don't you hate those oopsie? I'm probably the only goof who does them. :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous my friend!! What a great idea. Gorgeous layout and absolutely perfect with your additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Traci! I can't wait to see you to scrap and chat soon!

      Delete
  3. Perfect take on the stamps set!

    ReplyDelete