Friday, July 1, 2011

Nifty Notepads

This winter and spring I had the privelege of being in a bible study with about 20 wonderful women from church.  I learned so much from them and was sad when our group met for the last time in June.  While many of us will resume our study in September, our large group split into two smaller groups.  So, I wanted to give a small gift of love and appreciation to these friends.  I decided to create a little notepad, kind of a "Blessings Journal" that the women could use to record anything from blessings to prayer lists to grocery lists.  Below you'll see the the front of the notepad and then it opened up.


I purchased 8"x5" notepads from Staples and had them cut them in half for me (Staples gets lots of my business these days!).  I used the following Close To My Heart products to create the folded notepads:
  • Blush Cardstock, X5640
  • White Daisy Cardstock, 1385
  • Pear Cardstock, X5764
  • Hollyhock Ink, Z2128
  • Pear Ink, Z2197
  • Sophia Level 2 Paper Packet, X7131B
  •  Buttons, Pink Assortment, Z1370
  • Colonial White Waxy Flax, Z1081
  • 3-D Foam Tape, Z1151
  • 2" Scallop Circle Punch, Z1392
  • 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Z1311
  • My Acrylix April Stamp of the Month: Blessed, D1455
When I finished these notepads, I was so happy with the results that I decided to make a special treat for the gals attending my monthly workshop.  Below is a notepad perfect as a summer hostess gift.  Hmmm...just might have to take this one to a friend hosting a Fourth of July party!


CTMH supplies used:
  • Pacifica Cardstock, X5759
  • Sunny Yellow Cardstock, 1225
  • White Daisy Cardstock, 1385
  • Cranberry Ink, Z2116
  • Sunny Yellow Ink, Z2152
  • Fanfare Level 2 Paper Packet, X7138B
  • Blue Assortment Buttons, Z1371
  • Sunflower Waxy Flax (no longer available)
  • My Acrylix Just Be You, B1341
  • My Acrylix Stamp of the Month July: American Celebration, D1458
As you can see, I used the large star from this month's stamp of the month set, American Celebration.  Ask me how you can get this $22.95 set discounted or even for FREE!

Thanks to my amazing upline, Melissa Laverty: http://www.fancymelissa.blogspot.com/ who gave me a similar notepad last year for this idea!  If you're not familiar with fancyMelissa's awesome blog, you need to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment